Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What I'm Listening to NOW.....

Here's another very old recording found on a tape that came with a not-working Ferrograph reel to reel recorder. ( never did get it working - I don't understand the old "tube" technology )

It's probably from around 1962 or 63. I'm guessing it was made somewhere in the Sheffield area.

What blows my mind the most about it is the actual time frame reference through the songs the kids are trying to sing. Obviously what was on the radio at the time. It ends with a passing 2-stroke motor scooter.

It starts quietly with 'Mum' or 'Dad' trying to record a bird that's just flown away.

MP3
    https://app.box.com/s/tpbazhyb8jzi03rabr9cxop0cb6003k9
    "Governments lie so systematically and cover their arses so tight they have to forever shit through their mouths"

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th October 2017), Elen (27th October 2017), Kathy (28th October 2017), Modwiz (26th October 2017)

When I first started messing about with multitracking/mixing software I didn't really know what I was trying to do with it. Not a whole lot has changed there.

I put together something I simply called Woodstock. It's a cross between a music mix and a 'documentary'.

If you fancy a listen to something that takes you right back there to woodstock 69 festival, this will do it quite well:

MP3
    https://app.box.com/s/y195265hn55xgmbopy1i09zabpsceucn
    "Governments lie so systematically and cover their arses so tight they have to forever shit through their mouths"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (28th October 2017), Elen (27th November 2017), Kathy (28th October 2017), Modwiz (29th October 2017)

Returning to being faithful to the topic of the thread... What I'm listening to right now is this...:

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (27th November 2017), Kathy (24th November 2017), Modwiz (25th November 2017), norman (2nd December 2017)

In early September I put together a mix I decided to call Rockin' Trance. I'd been doing quite a lot fo Trance ( vocal trance ) music listening for a while before that. 'Genre' isn't usually how I carve up my definitions of music I like, and I get a lot of pleasure and inspiration from some unlikely areas of music.

This mix selects the rockiest vibe I could find in the general genre of vocal trance, even tho' the opening tune isn't the clearest definition of that vibe. I liked the early part of a tune called "Concrete Angels" so much I put it in twice

MP3 - Rockin' Trance:
    https://app.box.com/s/62xybase2rvtkf0jxg2n7bpxrstsoimx

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Kathy (2nd December 2017), Modwiz (4th December 2017)

A sudden guitar hairies feeling came over me and I selected this track from my hard drive.

Here's the youtube version.

it betrays how unoriginal my own bursts of red hot fretting were

. . . . then youtube followed up with this . . . .

10. The Following User Says Thank You to norman For This Useful Post:

Kathy (Yesterday)

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910