Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Members & Lurkers please read, important anouncement !

Throwing rocks over the antarctic ice wall.

Exclamation Members & Lurkers please read, important anouncement !

We are about to change servers (hopefully) within the next week, so I would advise everyone to make copies of anything they wouldn't want to lose (PMs posts, youtube channels etc) & exchange emails, skype, FB etc with anyone you wouldn't want to lose contact with should the move fail or we have backup or installation difficulties.

I am a member of the Earth Empaths forum as are many of you, so contacts can be made there & updates on anything in case of problems will be posted there.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DarkQuark For This Useful Post:

Amenjo (24th February 2016), Colleen (25th February 2016), Kathy (24th February 2016), Monk (24th February 2016), norman (24th February 2016), Realeyes (24th February 2016), Spiritwind (24th February 2016), Tonz (25th February 2016), Zed (24th February 2016)

Many strange things happening ....thanks DQ for being on the case.

Z

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zed For This Useful Post:

Colleen (25th February 2016), DarkQuark (24th February 2016), Kathy (25th February 2016), Realeyes (24th February 2016), Tonz (25th February 2016)

Yeah lots of strange things, had my email hacked, which has never happened before!

Love and Truth,

Amenjo

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amenjo For This Useful Post:

Colleen (25th February 2016), Kathy (25th February 2016), norman (24th February 2016), Realeyes (24th February 2016), Tonz (25th February 2016), Zed (25th February 2016)

Retired Eye-Riser
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed View Post
    Many strange things happening ....thanks DQ for being on the case.

Z
    As I understand (in my non tech mind), the Iceland company server for Eye Rise was bought out by another company. Thus.. Eye Rise in order to continue into the future needed to move to another server company. Kathy has been working hard behind the scenes to get this organised for us all.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Realeyes For This Useful Post:

Colleen (25th February 2016), Kathy (25th February 2016), Tonz (25th February 2016), Zed (25th February 2016)

Retired Eye-Riser
    In light of the needed server transfer for ER (and in case of any hiccups), my morning plans were to copy any of my long handwritten posts on ER that I wanted to preserve since being here. There were other member’s inspiring posts I wanted to preserve too.

Alas…. To great dismay, I am missing around half of my posts, that led me to discovered half of Eye Rise forum threads have been intentionally deleted recently – that unfortunately also included many members posts and discussions too.

I also received a selective email today… and guess I was not the only one.

All I will say is, I am really disappointed.

We Humans can all do so much better… These are the Times where it is so vital to come together in our common goals and rise above emotional reactions that separate and divide us.

I have so appreciated Eye Rise being here with familiar faces and friendships of those I have come to know and respect over the years…. May it continue into the future.

Name:  29829b5422ec25c1250d8fd8d5184486.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  7.3 KB

Name:  quote-but-let-there-be-spaces-in-your-togetherness-and-let-the-winds-of-the-heavens-dance-betwee.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  67.2 KB

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Realeyes For This Useful Post:

Amenjo (25th February 2016), Colleen (28th February 2016), Kathy (25th February 2016), Tonz (26th February 2016), Zed (26th February 2016)

Thank you, Realeyes, for your post. It is very much appreciated.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Colleen (28th February 2016), Realeyes (26th February 2016), Tonz (26th February 2016), Zed (26th February 2016)

Dear Members
    No doubt you will have read Ria’s email to you all. It strikes me these intentions are to destroy eye-rise, as well as myself.

We were once very good, close, friends sharing dreams together; eye-rise being one of them.

Ria has chosen to be very selective in her portrayal of what went down. I believe everyone deserves to hear the full facts as we have been on this journey together. There is much more to it than she has expressed.

On 16th December 2015, I chose to walk away quietly from all of the backstage battles. It is not my nature to create a scene, so I privately offered Ria and Rahkyt the forum; neither responded yes or no.

This created a limbo period.

Meanwhile, Iceland sold out its server and decisions had to be made if eye-rise was to continue into the future. I had already paid out in advance for the new platform. Time was of the essence for a decision. So, I emailed Ria again asking what her decision was; received more silence.

The next thing I knew, Ria was discussing with Modwiz/Ambassador the sale of eye-rise. She informed me of this by email on 7th February. On 9th February, she wrote this:

Now you can add all the monies we have paid to Rahkyt as well as my art work which was about four weeks work at a £10000 min.
    The cost of vbuliton
    Cost of the platform past and present, name etc....every thing we have ever spent on eye-rise.
    In the hope they may pay something in good will. “

To avoid false hope, I wrote on 10th February 2016 to Modwiz putting him in the full financial picture.

Basically, Ria has no rights to sell eye-rise to Modwiz or anyone else. Her financial contribution in support of eye-rise is limited to the first two years. In the first year she made one payment in 2013, the other 3 payments were in 2014. Since that time, she has paid nothing (zero). Her financial constraints were, according to her, because she felt she was in danger of losing her income. So everything since her last payment to do with funding eye-rise has always been down to me (100%). I feel she doesn’t understand that you don't start a venture and change how it will be sustained financially by declaring that you will no longer pay towards it.

On 11th February 2016, (unknown to myself at the time), Ria, in anger, deleted all of her own threads and posts, consequently deleting many members posts and interactions too; as well as many of my own threads deleted by her. Plus, we have lost Shane’s interaction with his unique posts and articles that he personally wrote to support eye-rise; his blog thread being the most visited by outside viewers.

Basically, over half the forum content that we all built together has disappeared. I am really disappointed by this, as it lacks respect for all the time and energy we together have put into creating this forum.

I have spent the last month organising and liaising with unseen.is who will move eye-rise to OVH, a VPS DDOS-protected platform by the end of this week.

I am not an IT person, so it’s taken weeks to understand the jargon, just doing my best.

BACK STORY TIMELINE

Eye-rise was a dream between Rahkyt, Ria and myself.

The first year was trying out one version of the forum; the second year another version. Progress was slow due to Ria moving home which took much longer than expected.

In the original plan for eye-rise, Ria and myself needed to learn Admin skills together to enable us to run the forum efficiently. I spent many hours with Ria regarding Admin skills. She was disinterested to learn. After a year, I refused to be her gopher, daily complying to her demands to upload this and that. She then sought support from DQ, rather than learn for herself. Her excuse was to do with the computer she was using.

Ria and myself have different interests, bringing a variety of information for the forum. In the beginning, we had agreed that we each would post whatever we wanted without interference from each other.

I walked away from eye-rise (16th December 2015), having informed both Ria and Rahkyt that I would no longer put up with having my posts/threads regularly deleted by Ria.

I wrote to Rahkyt regarding a private business matter that had been paid in advance for a site build (nothing to do with eye-rise).

On Jan 25, 2016 8:52 AM, "Kathythomas@btinternet.com" <kathythomas@btinternet.com> I wrote: “When can I expect to receive the £300.00 deposit back, Mark, for the JT shop project which, in fact, was never started. K

On 25 Jan 2016, at 14:55, MR <rahkyt@gmail.com> He wrote:
    When I get paid for the work I did on eyerise.”

His reply shocked me. The original plan agreed between us all, is that we knew the beginning years of the Forum would be voluntary. Rahkyt’s plan for financial gain would come with his Teaching ideas later planned as an extension to this forum. Until then, he would work voluntary in building this platform, while Ria and myself paid for the running costs. With this latest communication from Rahkyt, it was clear money paid in good faith for an entirely different project, had been taken, furthering my own running costs of this forum.

The next complication: “Mysteriously” on the 29th January – 3rd Feb 2016 the Eye Rise Forum was closed. There was no reason for Iceland server to close down Eye Rise. I wrote to the boss of Iceland on the 3rd February 2016 about Eye Rise being closed; within 1 ½ hours, thankfully, the forum was fully restored.
    Last edited by Kathy; 26th February 2016 at 16:56.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Amenjo (26th February 2016), Colleen (28th February 2016), Realeyes (26th February 2016), Tracey Ann (26th February 2016)

Subject: CLOSED Pingdom incident #178 for eye-rise.com (eye-rise.com)
    Date: 3 February 2016 at 13:01:26 GMT
    This is a notification sent by Pingdom.
    Incident 178, check 941264 eye-rise.com (eye-rise.com), has been closed.

During the early weeks of January, with zilch communications forthcoming from Ria, and the eye-rise forum still in limbo, I was also concerned how Ria would cope without the Forum. So I started looking into how to transfer everything by name over to Ria, (willing to waver the costs owing) where she could continue using the Iceland Server for another year. She was unaware I was doing this.

These well intentioned plans unfortunately were scuppered when I received notification from Iceland that their sever business had been sold out and that the only way for eye-rise to continue after 28th Feb would be on a new platform. Ria had already stated that she did not want to pay for anything.

With that plan gone, my next concern was for the members who would be let down if eye-rise finished. I had a new paid platform. The only choice was for eye-rise to move over to it.

Eye-rise should have moved to its new platform in November 2015 but, since then, Rahkyt has walked out on us. I have spent the last month neck deep in trying to understand the requirements for the move to be made, liaising to understand what unseen.is required from OVH in order to move the platform over. There have been numerous problems such as mysteriously the passwords had all been changed from the original ones I knew. That complication has been since solved, but still complications haven’t been sorted to make this clean migration yet. Working very hard this end to get this achieved before the deadline. I can only do my best. I am not sure that the migration will be successful. I just want you all to know, I have really tried.

I have a few comments to make re Ria’s letter that have not already been made clear by the above timeline.

Although I have not been part of the recent discussions taking place on eye-rise, I was always present behind the scenes, clearing up technical issues for the forum to run smoothly. This involved many hours of reading IT jargon and scratching my head before finding the folders within folders in order to understand which button I needed to press that corrected the issue.

The attacks that eye-rise suffered were inevitable because we were dealing with a man who was attacking other forums, stalking ex-members, as well as impersonating them.

Donations: There have been no donations at all. No-one has paid anything into any account of mine for the support of eye-rise. Ria seems to have a fantasy that somebody out there is or has paid donations into my account, which is absolutely untrue.

Lastly, the day I walked out – it was because of a disagreement between Ria and myself about “timing”. Christine had released via private email a PDF, which I had read and felt was very confusing, prior to her accompanying video. I wanted to wait for the video so both could be posted together to make sense and tell the full story. I wanted Christine to have the best support in all of this. When the video was available, I uploaded it and Ria deleted it five times, until I created the forum ‘Not in Our Name’ and uploaded it there.

Ria knows why I left eye-rise and has never once apologised to me personally for her unsolicited behaviour. This is all so very sad, as I have been a close friend of Ria’s for six years. I have supported her as a good friend does, we even did trips away together. I was there for her when her daughter tragically died. I was there for her and helped move her to the new home that was many miles away and, as stated already, I even tried to save the forum for her. My friendship was real and genuine.

And to the members, I wish to thank you all for joining in with eye-rise, and all your time and energy you have given of yourselves here. We all gave it our best shots. And fingers crossed, hopefully the transfer will go smoothly and we can all rejoin in the future on the new platform.

Yours faithfully
    Kathleen Thomas
    Last edited by Kathy; 26th February 2016 at 16:58.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Amenjo (26th February 2016), Colleen (28th February 2016), Realeyes (26th February 2016), Tonz (28th February 2016), Tracey Ann (26th February 2016)

Thanks Kathy for being so honest, it's really appreciated.

All I can say is let's leave all that baggage behind and move forwards together to make this site exceed it's original intention.

Love and Truth,

Amenjo

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Amenjo For This Useful Post:

Colleen (28th February 2016), Kathy (26th February 2016), Realeyes (26th February 2016), Tonz (28th February 2016)

Amen to that x

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tracey Ann For This Useful Post:

Amenjo (26th February 2016), Colleen (28th February 2016), Kathy (26th February 2016), Realeyes (27th February 2016), Tonz (28th February 2016)

Throwing rocks over the antarctic ice wall.
    I'm in a difficult position here, not sure which way to go....

I've just started a forum so we can keep in touch, only a couple of days before our server hosts in Iceland turn the lights out
    Last edited by Kathy; 11th March 2016 at 22:17.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DarkQuark For This Useful Post:

Colleen (28th February 2016), Kathy (26th February 2016), Realeyes (27th February 2016)

DQ you have been amazing with how you have dealt with all that you have had to deal with on this forum recently. Just want to thank you for all your efforts. You are really appreciated. How thoughtful that you created the backup to continue communications if the migration isn't achieved as planned.

Whatever you decide, please know that if the migration is accomplished, the promise of making you an administrator stands.

PS; After the migration, we will have access to the control panel for the removal of Ria's artwork as she has requested.
    Last edited by Kathy; 26th February 2016 at 23:02.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Colleen (28th February 2016), DarkQuark (27th February 2016), Realeyes (27th February 2016), Tonz (28th February 2016)

Cannot say i understand the politics of running a forum.
    i can say that there have been so many splinter forums trying to bring people together and they all seem to fault and fail.
    The behind the scenes is a privilege of the mods for all the hard work they do,the cost of running a forum is new to the average member and lurker.

As things goes TiTs up we are sent a e mail and a post to let us know what is going on as it is in detail.
    fact is i myself felt there was something amiss a while ago but could not put my finger on it...

People crash and burn and so do forums.
    So what went wrong?

People are tired from jumping from forum to forum for a place to settle.

Seems forum dynamics come before truth on all forums!
    ronin

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ronin1 For This Useful Post:

Colleen (28th February 2016), DarkQuark (27th February 2016), Kathy (26th February 2016), Realeyes (27th February 2016), Tonz (28th February 2016)

It looks like the problem with running a forum is that everyone always wants their way, there is a difference of opinions and people aren't mature enough to settle differences as adults. Kathy you sound like you went out of your way for Ria but I have seen her talking about leaving or being banned from a lot of forums. One day she might realize the problem is not always with everybody else. Not everybody is banned from every forum they go to. One day maybe she will realize that the problem is how she acts. I never met her in person and maybe you can tell me I'm wrong.

She seemed okay here and I liked reading articles she posted. Maybe she got bored without drama. Sometimes people need a "spice" in their life and people find it in different ways.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to no_leaf_clover For This Useful Post:

Amenjo (26th February 2016), Colleen (28th February 2016), Kathy (26th February 2016), Tonz (28th February 2016)

Retired Eye-Riser
    Quote Originally Posted by no_leaf_clover View Post
    .... but I have seen her talking about leaving or being banned from a lot of forums. One day she might realize the problem is not always with everybody else. Not everybody is banned from every forum they go to.
    One-leaf-clover, I do not know where you are getting your information from.

But for the record: Ria has been a very much loved member of this Forum and on other forums too. She has never been banned on any of the forums she participated on; just the odd ‘one week sabbatical’ a couple of times spanning over many years. There is just one forum that will read ‘banned’ under her name – a false ‘ban’ I might add; she unsubscribed from that forum. ‘Unsubscribed’ was changed to ‘banned’ out of spite many months after she had left.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Realeyes For This Useful Post:

Colleen (28th February 2016), DarkQuark (27th February 2016), Kathy (27th February 2016)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast