Thread: J. Krishnamurti - Ojai 1982 - Discussion with Scientists 2 - Psychological suffering

J. Krishnamurti - Ojai 1982 - Discussion with Scientists 2 - Psychological suffering

"Jan 6, 2014 by J. Krishnamurti - Official Channel

Summary:

What is security?

I have an image about myself. I am a great cook, a great scientist, a great carpenter, whatever you will. I have got that picture in myself and you come along and put a pin into it. And that gets hurt, the image gets hurt. The image is me.

What is a human being?

You are not basically different from me. You may be tall, you may be born in England, I may be born in Africa, I have dark skin, but deep down, the river, the content of the river is the water. The river is not an Asiatic river or European river, it is a river.
    Love is not English, American or Indian. Agony is not yours or mine, it is agony. But we identify ourselves with agony - it is my agony, which is not yours. Why do we want to identify with something?

Is there a learning about oneself which is not constant accumulation about myself?"

"Jan 6, 2014 by J. Krishnamurti - Official Channel

J. Krishnamurti - Ojai 1982 - Discussion with Scientists 3 - The need for security

Summary:

Why do we want security?

Am I separate from the agony I go through?

When one is frightened, actually, there is no me separate from fear.

The whole content of one's consciousness is unclear, messy. There is no part of it that is clear. We think there is a part, which is the observer, separating himself from the mess. The observer is the observed.

When there is observation that consciousness is messy, that fact can only exist when there is total attention. And when there is total attention, confusion doesn't exist anymore. It is only inattention that creates the problems.

If I know how to read myself I don't need anybody to tell me. But we have never attempted deeply to read the book of myself. I come to you and say, 'Please, help me to read,' and then the whole thing is lost.

You must be free to examine. Free from your prejudice, from your previous experience, otherwise you can't examine. You can't investigate. Investigare means explore, push it, push it, further and further. Are you willing to do that, so that actually the self is not? "

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Elen (11th February 2020)

"Jan 7, 2014 by J. Krishnamurti - Official Channel

J. Krishnamurti - Ojai 1982 - Discussion with Scientists 4 - What is a healthy mind?"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Elen (11th February 2020)