Thread: Food for Thought - ATOM - the illusion of reality

Lightbulb Food for Thought - ATOM - the illusion of reality

didactic and brilliant, professor Jim Al-Khalili explores how studying the atom forced us to rethink the nature of reality itself, encountering ideas that seem like they are from science fiction but in fact are a central part of modern science.

He discovers that there might be parallel universes in which different versions of us exist and finds out that empty space is not empty at all, but seething with activity.

The world we think we know - the solid, reassuring world of our senses - turns out to be a tiny sliver of an infinitely weirder and more wonderful universe than we had ever conceived in our wildest fantasies.

The story of the discovery that everything is made from atoms, one of the greatest scientific breakthroughs in history, and the brilliant minds behind it.

Must-see - 49 min
    True is still a True, even if no one Believe in it.
    A Lie is still a lie, even if everyone Believe in it.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Border Dog For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd November 2019), Elen (24th November 2019), Kathy (23rd November 2019)

I love this kind of exploration of science, Border Dog. I had not heard of the two other geniuses, only Feynman. So, thank you for posting it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th November 2019), Border Dog (24th November 2019), Elen (24th November 2019)

hey Kathy, maybe worth to you see the other two first episodes of this Atom series.
    This professor (Al-Khalili) its a very nice presenter. I like him a lot ..

episode 1 - The Clash Of The Titans

episode 2 - The Key to The Cosmos

True is still a True, even if no one Believe in it.
    A Lie is still a lie, even if everyone Believe in it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Border Dog For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th November 2019), Elen (26th November 2019), Kathy (26th November 2019)

Border Dog, I am grateful to you. What I have noticed is that the personality of the science discoverers contribute somehow to what is discovered.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th November 2019), Elen (26th November 2019)